Collecting, cleaning, displaying, researching, and appreciating TRIVETS and related go-withs!
● The aim of the Antique Metalware Society is to increase the knowledge and promote the appreciation of base metal objects of all kinds and historical periods. Following a successful online exhibition in 2016, the featured items have evolved into an expanded Online Gallery. Of special interest to trivet collectors is the Fire, Light & Hearth Gallery where two cast iron trivets from my collection (the Rimby and Welsh Dragon) are included.
● PITCA – Pressing Iron & Trivet Collectors of America is the national organization in the USA for iron & trivet collectors. PITCA has members from the United States plus Australia, Canada, England, France, Germany, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Romania, Spain and Switzerland. Members stay connected through regional meetings, the annual convention, their website, Facebook and a quarterly online newsletter. It’s important for all serious collectors to Join PITCA!
● The Iron Works! Collectors of Early Iron! All aspects of iron collecting are discussed. Members share cast iron finds, images and information.
● Kollectors of old Kitchen Stuff (KOOKS) was an organization in the USA specializing in antique and vintage kitchenalia for over 20 years. Unfortunately that ended in December 2015 when KOOKS disbanded. While the mother group no longer exists, this Facebook group lives on.
● Pressing Iron & Trivet Collectors of America is the Facebook presence for PITCA.
● TTCN ~ The Trivet Collectors Network is a group I started in January 2016. It’s a place where collectors can share favorite images and exchange information about trivets and related laundry day collectibles. Join us!
● Virginia Metalcrafters is a forum to discuss the company history and products of Virginia Metalcrafters. Anyone buying, selling, collecting, or discussing VM is welcome.
● Antiques of a Mechanical Nature is the website of Carole & Larry Meeker of California. Beyond items for sale, they share a tremendous amount of archived information of interest to collectors. Their Past Sales/Archive contains information and images on hundreds of antique irons, trivets and other laundry related items.
● Lee Maxwell’s Washing Machine Museum in Colorado is in the Guinness Book of Records. Maxwell is the author of the book “Save Women’s Lives ~ History of Washing Machines”. Watch a tour video of the museum!
● The Museum of Romanian Recordsis located in Bucharest, Romania. It houses the world’s largest collections of trivets, pressing irons and corkscrews. Tours are available Monday through Sunday by reservation only.
● The Variety House at the Shelburne Museum in Shelburne, Vermont was bequeathed the 2100+ piece William Paley Trivet Collection on his death. Over 200 of the finest trivets from that collection compose the largest display of its kind in the United States. Many of Paley’s Early American trivets appear in the book A Collector’s Guide To Trivets & Stands (1990).
A blog all about Pandora charms and jewellery!
What and where they are and how to photograph them.
Inspirations for a Fulfilling Retirement
Knit & Crochet Teacher, Designer, Editor
The incredibly true misadventures of a home gardener.
Life as a retired nurse in Sioux Falls, SD, USA